Fred Meyer Payroll has processed retroactive pay for members working in Oregon and SW Washington. For whatever reason, around 1000 members did not receive their retroactive pay. Your Union has been in communication with Fred Meyer Corporate offices who say they are working to correct the issue, and UFCW 555 members still owed retroactive pay should see that pay next Thursday. If there is still an issue with your retroactive pay next week, please contact your Union Representative.
In the past few days, numerous contracts were ratified by members in Bend, Burns, The Dalles, Hood River, Klamath Falls and Lakeview. As with previous contracts ratified, the fully recommended offer included:
– Hard money wage increases for Journeypersons each year of the contract, that includes retroactivity for expired contracts.
– Increases to the apprentice brackets, staying ahead of the rises in minimum wage.
– No cost increases to the health and welfare plan.
Full details of the contract will be made available to members who have voted, upon request, and will be made public once all of Local 555’s contracts covered by the fully recommended agreement have had the chance to vote on it. Notification of votes for other contract areas will be announced as they are schedule.
Today, the Portland area ratified new three year contracts for Grocery, Meat, CCK, and Non-Food members working for Fred Meyer, Safeway, Albertsons, and QFC. The contracts include:
- Hard wage increases for Journeypersons each year of the contract, that includes retroactivity for expired contracts.
- Increases to the apprentice brackets, staying ahead of the rises in minimum wage.
- No cost increases to the health and welfare plan.
This fully recommended offer comes after over 9 months of work, and could not have happened without your help sending a message to the employers that you deserve better!
The full details of the contract will be made available to Portland area members upon request, and made public once all of Oregon and SW Washington has had the chance to vote on it.